Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Needed a quick & easy weeknight meal. This is adapted from an old Taste of Home magazine. The chicken is tasty & juicy, with a nice crunchy crust. You won't miss the skin! ETA -- some say this is too bland. The ranch dressing is not enough seasoning. I do add season salt to taste (Nature's Seasonings) to the bread crumb mixture for more flavor. Hopefully as a cook, you will know what to add to suit you and your family's taste.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
- seasoning salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cornmeal, Italian seasoning, and seasoned salt.
- Dip chicken into salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
I can't get over how easy and totally delicious these chicken thighs were. Dipping the thighs in the Ranch dressing is genius. The coating was very nice too. Gave them a little crunch. Thanks Kelly. A new enthusiastic family fav. UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot the stars. So here it is again--same review but with stars. ;)
I scaled this recipe to feed 10 , I left the skin on. This recipe was perfect. I have very picky eaters and one that doesn't like meat. They all ate it , loved it and called it heaven on a plate.
Kelly, this is a great way to cook chicken thighs. I used boneless, skinless thighs. The coating was crunchy and adhered well. The chicken meat was very moist and tender. Kudos for the idea of dipping in ranch dressing. It adds a lot to the flavor and moistness. More than satisfied my family of six. Thanks!!