Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is from quick cooking magazine sounds wonderful going to try it very soon.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 16 ounces ready to serve mixed salad greens
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips
- cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder cook in skillet with oil until juices run clear.
- Place rinsed salad in large bowl top with cooked chicken and cheese.
- combine dressing and salsa drizzle over the chicken.
- top with chips.
Tasty salad that took very little time to put together. I used chicken breast tenderloins that I cut into bite size pieces and browned lightly. Grabbed a 10 ounce bag of romaine salad mix instead of 16 ounce and it was more than enough for us. Sent some next door to my mom and she enjoyed it too. I used regular tortillas for the salad but I think Doritos or another brand cheese flavored chip would be great. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.