Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
The ranch adds a lot of flavor that's missing from the traditional chicken & rice dish. I got this recipe from the back of a box.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice or 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard, prepared
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried ranch dip, seasoning mix or 1 tablespoon substitute 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with no stick cooking spray.
- Combine rice, water, milk, soup and vegetables in large bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Combine butter and mustard in small bowl.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and seasoning mix in pie plate; mix well. Brush each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dip in bread crumb mixture, turning and pressing to coat all sides.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Cover tightly; bake for 40 minutes. Uncover; continue baking for 15 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Remove from oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- TIP: Sprinkle casserole with fresh chopped chives as a garnish before serving, if desired.
This just bombed at our house. The rice needs to be cooked beforehand, but it's just such a bland, boring dish. Even the Tender Tongue wasn't enthused.
Love this! Easy & Delicious!!