Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine who says she got it from an old Betty Crocker book, I think. Anyway, it is so easy and good. She says that it reheats well and is good cold. Fast and easy recipe!
- 10 ounces canned chicken, chunk
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- NOTE - my cans of chicken are 13 ounce cans so I had to use a couple extra tablespoons of dressing.
- In one bowl, mix the egg and ranch dressing together.
- In another bowl mix the chicken and bread crumbs.
- Add the dressing mix to the chicken mixture - stir well. If it seems a bit too dry add a tablespoon at a time of more ranch dressing. The mixture should be just moist enough to bring together into a patty that holds well.
- Use your hands to mold into patties -- mine made about 5 patties -- depends on the size you want.
- In a skillet with a small amount of oil, brown the patties -- about 4-5 minutes per side on medium to medium high heat. You want to be sure the middle gets cooked and the outsides get nice and brown.
- Refrigerates well. I think it might freeze well, too, but I haven't tried it yet.
My family LOVED this and ate them up quickly. It's a great, easy weekday entree that took just minutes to go from can to table. I did use light ranch dressing and Italian bread crumbs. They came out tasty! This is a good pantry recipe as it is requires only a few ingredients that I typically have on hand! Thanks!
It was quite good with just following the recipe exactly. But I did add hot wing sauce and muenster cheese and put it on a slightly toasted italian roll.(On sale in the bakery.) And it was even better. Now I am craving hot wings dipped in ranch. ;)
These were great and definitely a good, cheap, weekday meal. I added pan-fried zucchini to the mixture, as well as salt and pepper to taste. I also used fat free ranch dressing, and less of it than the recipe called for. This was a good, fast meal that I'll definitely be making again. Thanks!