Recipe by Aggiezoey
I got this recipe from a friend of mine who says she got it from an old Betty Crocker book, I think. Anyway, it is so easy and good. She says that it reheats well and is good cold. Fast and easy recipe!
Top Review by danielle819
My family LOVED this and ate them up quickly. It's a great, easy weekday entree that took just minutes to go from can to table. I did use light ranch dressing and Italian bread crumbs. They came out tasty! This is a good pantry recipe as it is requires only a few ingredients that I typically have on hand! Thanks!
- 10 ounces canned chicken, chunk
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE - my cans of chicken are 13 ounce cans so I had to use a couple extra tablespoons of dressing.
- In one bowl, mix the egg and ranch dressing together.
- In another bowl mix the chicken and bread crumbs.
- Add the dressing mix to the chicken mixture - stir well. If it seems a bit too dry add a tablespoon at a time of more ranch dressing. The mixture should be just moist enough to bring together into a patty that holds well.
- Use your hands to mold into patties -- mine made about 5 patties -- depends on the size you want.
- In a skillet with a small amount of oil, brown the patties -- about 4-5 minutes per side on medium to medium high heat. You want to be sure the middle gets cooked and the outsides get nice and brown.
- Refrigerates well. I think it might freeze well, too, but I haven't tried it yet.