Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A tasty chicken pasta salad served warm or at room temperature. Yield and cook times are approximate.
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 -3 cups chicken, your choice of pieces, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces dry pasta, small shapes like bow-ties, spirals
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk salad dressing with mustard; reserve.
- Bring water to boil in a large stockpot for pasta. As soon as you put the pasta into the water, saute chicken and shallots in butter until barely cooked. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring up any browned bits.
- Whisk in salad dressing/mustard mixture and heat. Add chicken.
- Drain pasta. Toss chicken/dressing mixture with pasta and serve warm.