Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great breaded chicken breast meal made with Ranch dressing mix. Also, very good using an envelope of Italian dressing mix. Super easy!
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a shallow dish, combine dressing mix, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or til done.
I won't issue a rating since I didn't follow the recipe exactly as written. You see, I went to make this but found that someone in my household (no one fessed up) had used up all of the parmesan cheese so I used finely shredded Mozzarella instead. It was not a good subsistute. It was edible & decent- as in just okay, but it was not great. The problem I had with the recipe was that I didn't notice it called for 6-8 chicken breasts(!) so I wrongly assumed it was calling for the usual 4 chicken breasts. I also took a cue from Rachael Ray and used cutlets instead of the breasts since they cook up much faster. I had way too much breading & melted butter remaining. I also thought it would have benefited from drizzling some of the melted butter over the top of the chicken to help it brown up in the oven.
This was tasty,I'd try it again.
This is my daughters favorite way to have chicken. I have to hide the leftovers so I can have some for lunch the next day. One time I tried to cut back on calories and dipped the chicken in egg, then in the breadcrum mixture. NOT a good substitute! So will spluge and continue to dip in butter.