This salad is incredible! A salad with BBQ chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, scallions, and Cool Ranch Doritios. I get requests for this all the time. It's my favorite main dish salad recipe. It does have to get eaten quickly because the Doritos get soggy after about 20 minutes. I've been using the baked Doritos to make it healthier, but that's optional. I also sometimes toss in jicama or fresh cilantro and basil when I have them. As far as the greens go, I usually use prepackaged salads when they're on sale. This a a recipe adapted from "California Pizza Kitchen Pasta, Salads, Soups, and Sides."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) bag cool ranch Doritos, crumbled
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2-3/4 cup sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 1Bake or broil chicken breasts (350°F for 30 minutes); cut into bite-size pieces. Toss chicken with BBQ sauce and set aside.
- 2Toss all salad ingredients together, reserving some of the tomatoes, Doritos and scallions for a garnish for the top. Mix in most of the chicken, reserving some for the top. Top the salad with reserved chicken, tomatoes, Doritos crumbles and scallions.
- 3Serve immediately as Doritos become soggy after about 20 minutes. To save some time, you can prepare everything ahead of time and combine them just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1027.4
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 1378.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
bacon ranch dressing