Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is incredible! A salad with BBQ chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, scallions, and Cool Ranch Doritios. I get requests for this all the time. It's my favorite main dish salad recipe. It does have to get eaten quickly because the Doritos get soggy after about 20 minutes. I've been using the baked Doritos to make it healthier, but that's optional. I also sometimes toss in jicama or fresh cilantro and basil when I have them. As far as the greens go, I usually use prepackaged salads when they're on sale. This a a recipe adapted from "California Pizza Kitchen Pasta, Salads, Soups, and Sides."
- 1 (9 ounce) bag cool ranch Doritos, crumbled
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 head chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 head chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 cup bacon ranch dressing
- Bake or broil chicken breasts (350°F for 30 minutes); cut into bite-size pieces. Toss chicken with BBQ sauce and set aside.
- Toss all salad ingredients together, reserving some of the tomatoes, Doritos and scallions for a garnish for the top. Mix in most of the chicken, reserving some for the top. Top the salad with reserved chicken, tomatoes, Doritos crumbles and scallions.
- Serve immediately as Doritos become soggy after about 20 minutes. To save some time, you can prepare everything ahead of time and combine them just before serving.