Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home's Casserole Cookbook, submitted by Erlene Crusoe, Litchfield, Minnesota.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix (one envelope)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Place rice in a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, water,and salad dressing mix; set aside 1/4 cup.
- Pour remaining mixture over rice.Top with chicken strips.
- Drizzle with butter and reserved milk mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with paprika.