Recipe by Random Rachel
Simple meal that tastes great, and is quick since it utilizes the microwave. I figured if ranch dressing tastes great on cold chicken and broccoli, it would taste good warm too, and it does :-)
- 1 lb frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 lb frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 cups water (for rice)
- ranch dressing, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the rice, cooking it as you normally would. (I do mine on the stove.).
- Meanwhile, layer chicken in the bottom of a covered casserole or pie pan. Cover the chicken with water, and microwave for 15 minutes. Pull the chicken out and let it sit for 2-3 minutes before draining and cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, put the broccoli mix into a covered bowl/ dish with 2 tbsp water, and microwave for 8 minutes. (the veggies will still have a little crunch, if you want them smushy cook 2-3 minutes more.).
- Mix the chicken and drained veggies together, and serve over rice. Top with a generous amount of ranch salad dressing, to taste.