Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good and easy! You can either cook the chicken in the ranch dressing, or marinate it in the dressing.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomato (optional)
- Pour enough dressing to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet and coat with dressing.
- Cook chicken until done.
- Move chicken into an ungreased baking dish and cover with cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
- Can top with tomatoes, green chilis, salsa, or anything else that suits your fancy-- also good alone!
I loved how simple these were but yet they were tasty. The ranch flavor does come through but it is not real strong. We all thought they were really good. My family did add hot sauce to them at the table but they add hot sauce to just about everything. I did double the recipe for my famiy and I didn't measure the cheese.
I was a bit dubious about this recipe, but was looking for something really quick and easy, and it turned out great! I put the ranch dressing on the bottom of a non stick skillet, sprinkled some garlic powder & paprika over that, then dipped the breasts in and flipped them over. I added some pepper, and then put a lid on and cooked on a med-low for about 20 minutes total, flipping them over part way through. This was very moist and had a good light flavor. I did not do the cheese topping. Thanks so much for sharing, longhornmel!