Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe years ago from a magazine ad for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix. This is always a big hit a parties. Sometimes I make them up for a light meal. I usually add more dressing mix because I like the flavor.
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 10 slices French bread, 1 inch slices
- Mix the first three ingredients.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- Broil until puffed and golden (about 3 or 4 minutes).
I made this using Miracle Whip at the request of my DH. He likes Miracle Whip and I don't like it at all. DH loved this and I plan on serving it with our dinner tonight. I thought the miracle whip flavor competed with the ranch dressing and cheese flavor and made the spread too strong for my tastes. However, I definitely will make it my way (with mayo) next time and update the review! It is just a preference thing, use whichever you like the best. The 5*'s are from my DH (He likes Zaar too!) I like this because it so simple and uses ingredients that easily kept on hand. Thanks Treehug!