Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These would be great for your next cookout. Recipe is from Paula Deen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Zesty Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- While cooling, make the ranch sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix.
- Cover and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, onion mixture, blue cheese, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 4 (5-inch) patties.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350-400 degrees) for 5-6 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on toasted buns with Zesty Ranch Sauce and desired toppings.
Yum! I don't burgers often, so when I do I want to make them special. These were wonderful! I made the kids with cheddar cheese instead of bleu and no shrooms for them. ;) Thanks for the wonderful recipe!