Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Open faced hamburgers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix cream of celery soup into meat and heat thoroughly.
- Halve hamburger buns and place on a baking sheet inside up.
- Scoop hamburger/soup mixture onto bun halves and top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake til cheese melts.
- variation of this is to line a 9x13 baking dish with biscuits and bake til almost done, scoop meat mixture onto biscuits and top with cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are done and cheese is melted.
This was a quick and easy supper for us. My mom used to make something very similar when I was a kid. Very comforting for me. I added some celery salt and pepper. I think this is a good basic recipe and great when you have a busy schedule. Thanks!!