Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Mr Breakfast.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in cheese and shortening until crumbly.
- Add buttermilk.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead 8-10 times, roll out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield 16 biscuits.