Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. The ranch biscuits are the highlight of these little pork and beef sliders. They add so much flavor you'll want to serve them as a meal or an appetizer. I frequently make the biscuits alone because their flavor is so great with beef stew, grilled chicken and pork tenderloin.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dill sprigs, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated and divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup prepared brown mustard
- 6 romaine leaves
- Combine dry ingredients and herbs. Cut in butter. Beat egg and mix with dressing, then pour over dry ingredients, mixing with a fork. Turn dough onto floured board and knead briefly. Pat out to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Cut out with 2 inch circle cutter. Make 12 biscuits. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are cooking, combine pork, beef and pepper in a bowl. Mix well but do not overwork. Shape into patties about 2 1/2 inches round. Heat a grill pan and grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Split the biscuits and add patties with a bit of mustard to each one, add some of the remaining shredded Parmesan cheese and top with half of a lettuce leaf. Makes 12 sliders.