Top Review by Viriatha
I used instant mashed potatoes instead of flour for thickener and threw in some leftover green beans from the night before and my family loved it :) My 17-yr-old daughter can't get enough lol
- 1 lb lean beef, trimed, bite size
- 3 cups water
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 12 white pearl onions, canned
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in 1 quart baking dish.
- Brown in slow oven at 325F for 45 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of water to dish.
- Cover, bake for 1 hr or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in remaining 2 cups water.
- When partially cooked, add potatoes and cook until all tender.
- Add onions and peas.
- Put vegetables into beef dish.
- Thicken liquid from vegs. with flour if desired.
- Add worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to liquid.
- Pour over meat and vegs.
- Cover and return to oven for 20 minute.