Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taste of Home; hearty and filling--family favorite.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef with onion; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes.
This was a delicious, all-around good, stick to you ribs type of dinner for us. I drained the beans. The recipe didn't say to do that, but I thought the dish might be too watery if I added the bean liquid. I added one tablespoon of chopped jalapeno peppers because we wanted ours a little hotter. This dish reminds me of something my grandmother used to make for all the farm hands when they would come in for dinner. Good hearty food. I served with cornbread. Yummy!
This was a real "stick to your ribs" kind of dish. It could really by a meal by itself, but I served it with chicken. It was quite thick with the soup, and is almost like a chili. I will probably make this again. Thanks!
My family and I went camping last weekend and I made this bean dish. Very delicious and hearty. Call me crazy, but I think cooking them in a cast-iron dutch oven over an open fire added to the flavor, too. Thanks Nurse Di. Will make again.