Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Taste of Home; hearty and filling--family favorite.
Top Review by Gracie in NM
This was a delicious, all-around good, stick to you ribs type of dinner for us. I drained the beans. The recipe didn't say to do that, but I thought the dish might be too watery if I added the bean liquid. I added one tablespoon of chopped jalapeno peppers because we wanted ours a little hotter. This dish reminds me of something my grandmother used to make for all the farm hands when they would come in for dinner. Good hearty food. I served with cornbread. Yummy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper