Recipe by Lorac
An updated version of an old favorite. A wonderfull topping for a luncheon salad, on finger rolls for baby or bridal showers or as an appetizer spread for crackers or cocktail bread. Another recipe from Hidden Valley.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
Lorac, WOW! Who ever thought you could improve on good old egg salad? This was delicious! We loved the additions of bacon, green onion and the ranch dressing-what a unique flavor that added. And serving it on pumpernickel was perfect. Thank you so much for this recipe!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons crisp-cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- lettuce or tomatoes or sliced pimento stuffed olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped eggs with celery, bacon, green onion and dressing in a mixing bowl.
- Chill until just before serving.
- Spread salad evenly on 4 pieces of bread, arrange lettuce, tomato or sliced olives on top, if desired.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.