Recipe by Cadillacgirl
Watched Gordon Ramsay make these on Rachael Ray and they looked so good I had to try them - and they rocked! It's from his Healthy Appetite cookbook and they're a regular in my rotation - as soon as drumsticks are on sale, we have them for dinner! Great leftover - if there is any.
Top Review by Michelle J.
I was very disappointed with this recipe. The fish sauce was just too overwhelming, and the glaze was just too watery and didn't stick to the chicken. I smothered the chicken with hot sauce just so I could eat it and it wouldn't go to waste. My daughter didn't care for it either. Better luck next time Gordon. This recipe won't be staying in my recipe file.
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- sea salt and black pepper
- 88.74 ml honey
- 44.37 ml fish sauce
- 19.71 ml soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 44.37 ml rice wine vinegar
- 19.71 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish in a single layer. Drizzle over a little olive oil and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze in the meantime. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until evenly combined.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and pour over the glaze, to coat each drumstick.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, turning several times, until the chicken is tender and nicely glazed. (I do it about every 5 minutes).
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.