Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Watched Gordon Ramsay make these on Rachael Ray and they looked so good I had to try them - and they rocked! It's from his Healthy Appetite cookbook and they're a regular in my rotation - as soon as drumsticks are on sale, we have them for dinner! Great leftover - if there is any.
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- sea salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat the oven to 400°F Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish in a single layer. Drizzle over a little olive oil and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze in the meantime. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until evenly combined.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and pour over the glaze, to coat each drumstick.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, turning several times, until the chicken is tender and nicely glazed. (I do it about every 5 minutes).
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe was a hit with my family. They loved the flavor of the chicken. I had some liquid still in the bottom of the pan but most of the chicken browned nicely. Would post a photo, but can't get it to load from my phone. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT9
I made this today. Sorry to say, no offense, Chef Ramsay... but the glaze does not stick. I even tried grilling the legs while basting constantly. The flavor is really good, but the recipe needs some tweeks. I think next time I will try my friends idea of either doing a slurry to add to it, or reducing it futher. Thanks for a flavorful dish, but it was just a bit off for me. (Made for ZWT9)
As a previous reviewer posted, the glaze was watery and did not stick to the chicken at all. I wouldn't call it a glaze. I followed the recipe exactly as written. The taste was fantastic, though! There was to be a better way to prepare this, perhaps boil down the glaze to reduce the volume so it is more thick and sticky before applying it to the chicken? I will experiment with this, Make for Pink Panthers on the Prowl for ZWT9.