1/1 Photo of Ramp Risotto
I found some ramps at a farmstand and this recipe for using them on the New York magazine website. I've adapted it a bit from the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ramps
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml arborio rice
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 946.36 ml chicken broth, kept simmering in separate pot on stove
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1In a wide, heavy-bottom saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Finely chop ramp greens and stalks, reserving greens for later.
- 3Add shallot, ramp stalks, and pepper flakes to sauce pan and stir until the shallot is translucent, about two minutes.
- 4Add rice to pot and cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring to coat the rice with oil.
- 5Pour in 1/4 cup of the wine and boil until almost absorbed (a little liquid should remain on top of the rice).
- 6Continue to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot broth at a time, stirring the rice constantly until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 7After adding about 2 cups of stock, add another 1/4 cup of stock, the remaining wine, and a tablespoon of olive oil, continuing to stir.
- 8Add the ramp greens and more stock as needed and continue cooking and stirring until the risotto looks creamy but is still al dente, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and let the risotto stand for about 30 seconds before adding a drizzle of olive oil, butter, and cheese; stir until well combined.
- 10Season with salt.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramp Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 804.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: