Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the November 1988 issue of Cook's magazine. I used to drink these in Berkeley, back in the day!
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange flower water
- 2 ounces heavy cream (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces gin (1/4 cup)
- crushed ice
- 2 ounces club soda (1/4 cup)
- Reserve a 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strip of lemon zest for garnish.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a shaker.
- Add the egg white, orange flower water, cream, sugar, gin, and crushed ice. Shake the mixture until foamy and smooth, about five minutes. Alternatively, mix in a blender set on high speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Strain into an 8-ounce highball glass.
- Add club soda, garnish with a lemon twist, and serve immediately.
Nice and frothy. The flavour of the orange blossom water really dominates the drink. I used extra light thickened cream to cut the fat down a bit, and I didn't miss the full cream at all. Yummy drink! Thanks mersaydees!
We had never tried this drink, so we couldn't compare it to others, but we both thought this was great! Delicious with the hint of orange. We'll certainly be making these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
My DH and I did a Ramos Gin Fizz comparison and this one came out tops. Though not quite as good as the one's I drank in the late 70's at Harry's New York Bar in Grill in Newport Beach it was still pretty tasty and refreshing [or could illegal underage drinking have made them taste better ???? ; ) ] Made for ZWT 9 by one of the Appliance Killers.