Recipe by mersaydees
From the November 1988 issue of Cook's magazine. I used to drink these in Berkeley, back in the day!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Nice and frothy. The flavour of the orange blossom water really dominates the drink. I used extra light thickened cream to cut the fat down a bit, and I didn't miss the full cream at all. Yummy drink! Thanks mersaydees!
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange flower water
- 2 ounces heavy cream (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces gin (1/4 cup)
- crushed ice
- 2 ounces club soda (1/4 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve a 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strip of lemon zest for garnish.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a shaker.
- Add the egg white, orange flower water, cream, sugar, gin, and crushed ice. Shake the mixture until foamy and smooth, about five minutes. Alternatively, mix in a blender set on high speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Strain into an 8-ounce highball glass.
- Add club soda, garnish with a lemon twist, and serve immediately.