Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from my brother by law. It's really yummy.
Make and share this Ramons Green Pork Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 white onions, diced into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb tomatillo, husks removed, washed, and chopped into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 (14 -15 ounce) cans white hominy, rinsed and drained (also called posole)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- sliced jalapeno
- green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- pickled radishes
- tortilla chips
- Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high. When hot, add half the pork and sauté until well browned, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining pork. When browned, transfer second batch of pork to the plate.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatillos, and jalapeños to the pot. Sautee until lightly browned.
- Add pork, hominy and chicken stock to pot. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro and other accompaniments, and serve.