1 hr 15 mins
Recipe from my brother by law. It's really yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 white onions, diced into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb tomatillo, husks removed, washed, and chopped into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 (14 -15 ounce) cans white hominy, rinsed and drained (also called posole)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- sliced jalapeno
- green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- pickled radishes
- tortilla chips
- 1Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high. When hot, add half the pork and sauté until well browned, about 4 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining pork. When browned, transfer second batch of pork to the plate.
- 3Add onion, garlic, tomatillos, and jalapeños to the pot. Sautee until lightly browned.
- 4Add pork, hominy and chicken stock to pot. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1½ hours.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro and other accompaniments, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramons Green Pork Chili
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 925.3
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 974.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 55.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: