Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from my brother by law. It's really yummy.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 white onions, diced into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb tomatillo, husks removed, washed, and chopped into 1/2-inch -thick pieces
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 (14 -15 ounce) cans white hominy, rinsed and drained (also called posole)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups queso fresco, crumbled
- sliced jalapeno
- green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- pickled radishes
- tortilla chips
- Add the oil to a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high. When hot, add half the pork and sauté until well browned, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining pork. When browned, transfer second batch of pork to the plate.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatillos, and jalapeños to the pot. Sautee until lightly browned.
- Add pork, hominy and chicken stock to pot. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro and other accompaniments, and serve.