Recipe by Jonathan Melendez
Inspired by the big hit of the ramen burger, these ramen waffle breakfast sandwiches are here to spruce up your breakfast or brunch game. They’re new and exciting and just waiting for you to give them a try.
- 3 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavoring
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices American cheese
- 4 large fried eggs
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- To make waffles, boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside to drain well. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and mix together with the eggs, flour, baking powder, water and chicken flavoring packet.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the noodles into each cavity and cook until golden brown and crispy, according to your waffle machine’s directions. Transfer the cooked waffles to a wire rack set over a baking sheet and continue cooking the rest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and hot sauce until well combined.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread two waffles with the mayo. Place a slice of cheese, an egg and two strips of bacon onto half of the waffles. Then sandwich together with the top waffle. Serve and enjoy.