Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really good stir fry - quick and easy.
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut crosswise into thin bite-sized strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 (1 lb) package green giant frozen broccoli cuts, carrots and water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon light sesame oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In medium bowl, combine beef strips, garlic, one tablespoon sesame oil and ground red pepper: toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Remove noodles from package: reserve the seasoning packet.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large sauce pan.
- Break block of noodles into three pieces: add to water with frozen vegetables.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat: simmer 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return vegetable mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in seasoning from packet: Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, rub 1 tsp.
- of sesame oil in bottom and up the sides of a large skillet or: heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add seasoned beef strips: cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Add vegetable mixture, mushrooms and soy sauce to beef: cook and stir until thoroughly heated.
This was a GREAT DISH, i'm a vegetarian so a quick simple dish to prepare. Thanks for posting :)
Loved it! Everyone in the family ate it right up. I would of never thought that ramen noodles would go so well with stir fry, but it was a perfect addition! I used 2 pkgs of oriental ramen noodles (my kids love them, so I figured I was safe doubling them) and in place of the veggies I used can of stir-fry veggies, 1 can of water chesnuts & 1 can of mushrooms. Oh- and I used more soy sauce than called for too. Will definitely be making this again- it's a perfect dinner for a crazy mid-week day!
followed the recipe but doubled it and used chicken seasoning and ortiental still very good flavor and quick too thank you