Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom
- 20 large shrimp, raw, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, slicec
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 4 18 inch squares of alluminum foil.
- Divide ramen noodles evenly in center or each of the 4 pieces of aluminum foil. Stack the following ingredients on top of the nodles: mushrooms, shrimp, oinions, scallions, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pull sides and corners of pouch up to form a small basket shape leaving an opening at the top to pour in liquid.
- In small bowl, combine vegetable broth, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil. distribute liquid evenly among pakets. Press fill together, leaving a small opening to allow steam to escape. Place on cookie sheet and bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game and it was a wise choice. We had been gone all day and wanted something light and tasty and this was it. I did cut the recipe in half and used chicken broth (that is what I had) and added some minced garlic and snow peas halved. I do think next time I will add a little fresh ginger and a tad bit of brown sugar (DH said he would have liked it a little sweet). Definately a keeper and going into my Favorites of 2012 cookbook for the ease and taste. P.S. you could add any vegie that you had available to help clean out the fringe.