Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first had this years ago at a party and begged for the recipe. It is a nice light salad with a fresh tasting dressing. My daughter frequently requests this but would rather wait a day or two after I make it to actually eat it. Unlike most people she like the soggy ramen noodles that have had time to soak up the dressing.
- 1⁄2 large cabbage, shredded (can also use a bag of cole slaw mix instead)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, uncooked, reserve flavor packets for dressing (flavor of your choice)
Dressing( 2 flavor packets plus)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flavored rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds.
- Crush/crumble ramen noodles.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix together dressing ingredients.
- Depending on your preference you can toss the salad now or wait until about an hour or so before serving.
Excellent recipe JPsBarbie, I try a lot of these, but yours is the easiest and the best. Thanks!