Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my mother. I don't like coleslaw at all but this salad is good! It is kind of sweet though. I made it for a Christmas gathering and everyone loved it! It's quick and easy too! Will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagecabbage coleslaw mix
- 2 bunches green onions (Chopped)
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed, reserve flavor packets for dressing
- 3⁄4 cup oil, 2 flavor packets from ramen noodles
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl with a tight lid. Do not cook the Ramen Noodles. The vinegar in the salad dressing will cook the noodles.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a jar or similar container and shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Stir well before serving.
I love oriental slaws and this one was very good! There was a little too much dressing for me, but I just poured a little off. I didn't have quite the amount of almonds, so added some shredded radishes and some shredded snow peas. Thank you!