Sweet, spicy and soupy. The best recipe from Alton Brown's, "I'm Just Here for the Food".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 (8 ounce) halibut fillets (or try salmon) or 2 (8 ounce) other mild white fish (or try salmon)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used 8)
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 cups miso or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat a saute' pan over high heat, add the oils, then add the mushrooms and toss; to cook until caramelized, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3Break the "loaf" of noodles into 2 equal parts.
- 4Season the fish with salt and white pepper, spread a little honey on each filet, and sprinkle with chili flakes.
- 5Line the serving bowls with aluminum foil, making sure there is a lot hanging over the edges.
- 6Lay one half-loaf of noodles in each bowl and top with the fish.
- 7Spread the shrimp, mushrooms, and onions around the bottom. Top with the scallions.
- 8Pull the foil up and around the food and crimp it to seal, leaving one tiny opening in each pouch.
- 9Mix the liquids together (soy sauce, mirin and miso or veg stock) and pour half into each pouch and then seal.
- 10Set the pouches on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 22-25 minutes.
- 11Set the pouches back in the bowls and open at the table. A delicious aroma will fill the air as the steam escapes. Serve with chopsticks and a spoon to eat the "soup".
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Radiator
Serving Size: 1 (775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1120.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.1 mg
- Sodium 12292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 94.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: