Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This "ramen hack" dresses up packaged ramen with fresh ingredients. This one comes out with the flavors of Pad Thai, without the risk of the rice noodles getting all soggy. Adapted from a post at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/gX1DYX
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) packageshrimp-flavored ramen noodles
- 6 medium shrimp or 6 large shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- Boil ramen until the noodles just begin to separate from the block. About 2 minutes before they're done, add shrimp.
- After 2 minutes, turn off heat and drizzle in egg. Drain water and transfer noodle mixture to a warmed serving bowl. Add fish sauce and lime juice, and toss to coat. Top with peanuts, scallions and bean sprouts, and serve.