This recipe comes from Light & Tasty October/November 2004. It totals 5 points per serving. This recipe is great for new cooks, people on a budget, and families that need quick affordable meals.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (any you may have on hand works fine too)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot (dried works also)
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (regular soy sauce can be used, 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon water will yield same)
- Save seasoning packets from ramen packages for another recipe.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Drain and rinse noodles in cold water and set aside.
- In a large oven proof skillet, cook celery in canola oil for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, 2 tablespoons green onions, and ginger.
- Continue to cook and stir for 7 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Stir into noodles.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites, sesame oil, sugar, and salt.
- Stir into noodle mixture and spread into even layer in skillet.
- Cook on medium for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes, until set.
- Cut into wedges.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.