When the weather is too hot to cook in the RV I take the Propane camp stove or the toaster over outside to cook, in the shade, on the picnic table. This is a simple and easy 2 pan meal that lends itself to outdoor cooking. This a great way to use one of the 1/2 cup bags of roast chicken you should have in the freezer. My Mother used to say, "Never roast a chicken! The oven is on anyway so it doesn't cost any more to roast two of them and you can always find a use for a bit of chicken."
- 1 package ramen noodles, broken into small pieces. (Throw away the 'flavor pack' you don't need the sodium.)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 -5 green onions, thinly sliced,whites & light green only
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- salsa, fresca (NurseDi's Chilean Salsa #63836 is great)
- Cook Ramen and drain.
- While the Ramen is cooking, heat an 8 inch saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Ghee.
- Saute (stir fry) Onions and Bell Peppers'til Onions are translucent.
- Season Egg mixture to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Mix noodles with Onions and Bell Peppers.
- Add Egg mixture, Stir and spread evenly over bottom of the pan.
- Cook'til brown, 4-5 minutes, turn, cook other side'til brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with Salsa Fresca.