Recipe by marinecopper
If you like stir-fried rice you'll love this recipe, as it is faster and easier. I serve it weekly as a side to grilled fish or chicken. Kids and adults both love it as you can control the ingredients and spice level. It is great to make on busy week nights for busy families with crazy schedules, and gets a few vegetables down the kids.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (any flavor, use flavor packets separately)
- 1 cup assorted fresh vegetable (such as celery, onion, green onion, mushrooms, brocolli, bell peppers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 dash sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on med high heat, saute vegetables in oil for 2 minutes. Turn to low and keep warm.
- Bring water in a medium sauce pan to boil. Break noodle "squares" in half and add to boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain water, and add cooked noodles to skillet of vegetables.
- Add pepper flakes, garlic, soy sauce, and flavor packets from Ramen noodle packages. Stir/toss with tongs. Serve immediately in a shallow bowl or platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.