Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you like stir-fried rice you'll love this recipe, as it is faster and easier. I serve it weekly as a side to grilled fish or chicken. Kids and adults both love it as you can control the ingredients and spice level. It is great to make on busy week nights for busy families with crazy schedules, and gets a few vegetables down the kids.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (any flavor, use flavor packets separately)
- 1 cup assorted fresh vegetable (such as celery, onion, green onion, mushrooms, brocolli, bell peppers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 dash sesame seeds (optional)
- In large skillet on med high heat, saute vegetables in oil for 2 minutes. Turn to low and keep warm.
- Bring water in a medium sauce pan to boil. Break noodle "squares" in half and add to boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain water, and add cooked noodles to skillet of vegetables.
- Add pepper flakes, garlic, soy sauce, and flavor packets from Ramen noodle packages. Stir/toss with tongs. Serve immediately in a shallow bowl or platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Loved how easy and good. I added celery, green peppers, onion, and peas. Was making Slow cooker Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken, just used some of it's sauce. I will defiantly be making this again.
This was super simple and tasted great. I used broccoli slaw in place of the veggies since that is what I had on hand.It was a nice side dish and change from rice for the teriyaki chicken I was making.
When I was making this dish I thought why have I never thought of this. It is a wonderful side dish and so simple. I halved the recipe and added less of the packet due to other reviews. I was low on fresh veggies because the next day was grocery day. I had a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and used those. We will be having this again. Thanks marinecopper!