Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend at work gave me this recipe. It didn't seem like one I would like, but she made it one day and brought it to work. It has been one of my favorites ever since. It's quick & easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (I used half of a 16 oz. bag)
- 1 package ramen noodles, raw & crushed (I like the Oriental Flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (I used dry roasted)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I use 6 pkts. of Splenda)
- Mix together the coleslaw mix, crushed noodles& sunflower kernels.
- In a small bowl, mix the Ramen Noodle seasoning pkt.
- ,oil, vinegar& sugar together.
- Mix all together& refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Thank You very much for a nice salad recipe! Its been a hit at every social gathering this summer! Its a good twist on a cold salad. Stick to the Oriental flavor Ramen Noodles it is perfect, I cant see another flavor going well with this recipe. Also, let it sit at least an hour before consumption, but no longer than three days. After three days the ramen noodles and cabbage become soggy. Things I did differently: I added broccoli & green onions. I substituted the sunflower seeds for sliced almonds (mmmm!). I also used 2 packets of ramen noodles per 14oz bag of cabbage. I think everyone should skip the sugar and use the 6 packets of splenda like mentioned. I also added fresh ground peppercorns into the salad.
Had this salad at a party this summer and loved it, but the hostess said "I don't like to give out my recipes. So many people are not as well trained in culinary arts as I am!". Well, I got the recipe anyway and this is better than hers! She didn't use any sunflower seeds! Thank you for sharing your recipe! Followed your recipe exactly! Mickie
Terrific salad! The second time around I toasted the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and added slivered almonds (toasting was key to the taste). I used soy sauce and olive oil, sugar and seasoning in the ramen noodles. Halfway through the BBQ there was nothing left and my guests requested your recipe! Thanks for posting this!!