Recipe by Magoo965
A great-tasting healthy treat!! I read a similar recipe in the TFF, and changed it to suit my husband and myself!!
- 2 (12 ounce) bagsangel hair cabbage
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup radish, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 -16 ounces pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sunflower seeds, roasted & salted
- 2 (4 ounce) packages almonds, slivered
- 1 cup cashews (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- 1 cup cauliflower, broken into small pieces (optional)
- 1 1⁄3 cups virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- chicken seasoning, packets (from ramen noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in very large container.
- Mix and pour over salad mix well.
- Pinto beans can be substituted with ANY canned bean. We like (black eyed peas) just rinse and drain well!
- I use a HUGE dollar store bowl with plastic lid, and shake to mix!
- This gets better every day as the ingredients "set".
- Use as a side dish -- or for a meal in itself! The beans are the protein, the splenda is diabetes-friendly -- it just doesn't get better than this! ENJOY.