Recipe by mkoncape
A twist on the classic. I don't like onions, so I've substituted fresh cilantro. The sesame oil, lime juice and crushed red pepper give this delicious and easy salad exciting new flavors.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (I prefer Oriental)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional as noodle flavoring is so salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (bottled is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup olive oil, minus 1 tablespoon
- 2 (1 g) packets noodle flavoring
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coleslaw and cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing. Stir well.
- Toast sesame seeds - only takes a few minutes. Don't burn them!
- Break noodles into small pieces. Add to salad mix.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- I think this salad gets better on day 2!