Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from one of my sisters when we had a family reunion quite some years ago. I have had many comments on it, and I am always printing out copies of it for people. This recipe gives you a new way to use those Ramen Noodles!
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 packets noodle flavoring
- Combine cabbage and onions.
- Set aside.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Toast the sesame seeds and almonds.
- Smash ramen noodles into bite size pieces.
- 2 to 3 hours before serving, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Just before serving, add the sesame seeds.
This was very good! Even my two year old liked it.
I like this very much, but I think it is too much oil. I will definitely make again, but will cut the oil in half. I also think the sesame seeds really make the salad. I threw in some poached chicken breast and made it a meal! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe.
YUMMY! We love this even my picky husband who refers to it as 'college student salad'. I add about 8 ounces of chopped grilled chicken strips, some sesame oil & toast the noodles too. Thanks for a delicious change of pace.