Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I'm going through a bunch of old magazines and wanted to keep this recipe from Womans Day. It's good all by itself for a quick lunch or pair with a salad for dinner.
- 1 (3 ounce) packageoriental flavor noodle soup mix (such as Top Ramen or Maruchan)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 scallions, cut in long, narrow strips
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Break the package of noodles into 4 sections. Cook as package directs(boil in 2 cups of water for 3 minutes), then drain. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Put noodles in a bowl. Stir in zucchinik, scallions, carrot, eggs, flour and 1/2 teaspoons seasoning from mix(you may leave this out if you don't like or can't use-just add in some salt and pepper).
- Heat 1 tbls. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Using 1/2 of the mixure, make 4 pancakes.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat, using remaining oil.
- Mix soy sauce and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Or serve with whatever sauce you enjoy(honey mustard is good, or mayo mixed with Thai sweet chili sauce).
Yum! Something really different and interesting that all came together perfectly, I served along with soy and lemon as suggested which was great with them.
Loved this quick and easy week night meal right down to the sauce! Next time I will add bean sprouts and mushrooms, and maybe a protein like diced chicken.