Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from my neighbor after she brought it to a party at our house. Whenever I make it I receive rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Always a picnic/potluck favorite! Added 10/1/08: I have made this recipe with white, balsamic, and cider vinegars. All were good, white is my favorite, balsamic turns the noodles a funky shade of brown but tastes great.
- 5 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Break up noodles and place in colander. Pour boiling water over noodles, drain well, and mix with cabbage and onions.
- Mix 3 ramon seasoning packets with sesame seeds, vinegar, sugar, olive oil and salt. Pour over cabbage and noodle mixture.
- Refrigerate -- it gets better with time.
- Sprinkle almonds over salad before serving.
This was very easy, but it was lacking something. I used red wine vinegar and don't know if that would have affected it or not.