Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tasty and easy recipe from Southern Living.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 (2 -3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, roasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery (optional)
- Remove flavor packets from soup mixes, reserving 1 packet. Break noodles apart on baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring every minute.
- Pull chicken from bones, and coarsely chop; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat, and add almonds and sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Whisk together seasoning packet, oils, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add lettuce, green onions, sesame seed mixture, chicken, and noodles, tossing to coat.
- Add optional ingredients, if desired.
- Serve immediately.