Recipe by gingersnap
Nice change from the usual Italian pasta salad or macaroni salad with mayo. Pairs well with salmon or honey mustard/teriyaki chicken or pork. Nice summer side dish and a huge hit at potlucks. It makes a lot, too.
Top Review by red_baron
This is the exact recipe used at a recent gathering (only oriental flavor was used) and it's delish! All 7 of us asked for the recipee, we love it! This recipe will serve 6-12 depending on appetites and if it is a side dish or main meatless meal. I think 16 is stretching it a bit. Easy to make and can be endless in variations. Mandarin orange slices are my preference. Rice or apple cider vinigars are fine substitutes. Don't overcook the noodles, al dente is better.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 lb of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (can use canola if you don't have sesame)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles according to package directions, reserving the flavor packets(to use in dressing).
- Once noodles are cooked and cooled, combine with coleslaw mix, almonds, sunflower seeds and scallions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together 2 beef flavor packets, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and pour over salad.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.