Recipe by Andy Wold
This is the way Ramen Noodles are traditionally cooked in Korea. "Ra-myeon" noodles are a Korean food.
Top Review by Sarah Stewart
This was how my Korean mother made ramen for us when I was growing up (but without the potato). It makes the ramen a lot more filling... kind of like an egg drop soup. If it ends up really milky, you probably put in the egg too quickly or the soup was not hot enough to cook it almost instantly. Make sure the broth is boiling hot and pour in stops and starts to give the egg a chance to cook. I also try to push the noodles to one side to I can pour the egg in clumps.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potato into small 1/4" (1cm) cubes.
- Place potatoes in water amount as directed on ramen noodle package (plus about 25% more).
- Add seasoning package to water.
- Bring to a boil until potatoes are tender.
- Add green onion and noodles, simmer until noodles are cooked.
- Stir noodles constantly while slowly pouring eggs into noodle mixture, continue stirring.
- Remove from heat immediately once egg is cooked.