1/3 Photos of Ramen in Romaine It's a Wrap!
This is Bold, Crisp, Crunchy, Creamy, Healthy, FUN, Finger FOOD!!!! Just 3 minutes of cooking and no silverware to clean! Just finger licking good. A romaine leaf topped with a creamy sauce delish refreshing ingredients. This is made vegetarian but grilled sliced steak, shrimp and or chicken would be a nice addition. This can be enjoyed as a main meal or appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spicy Creamy Peanut Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (using hot or regular)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (using less of spicy chili condiment if you don`t like it to hot)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 5 fresh basil leaves or 5 fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
Fun Healthy Wrap ingredients
- 3 ounces ramen noodles
- 14 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 head romaine lettuce (washed and dried if need be remove firm white rib)
- 10 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large red pepper, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced thin on an angle
- 1 large celery, slice thin on an angle
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- 1Spicy Creamy Peanut Sauce:.
- 2Place all Sauce ingredients in blender and blend till smooth, set aside.
- 3Wrap Ingredients:.
- 4In boiling water add the noodles and cook 3 minutes, mean-while rinse and drain the bean sprouts and place in a colander.
- 5Drain the noodles right over the bean sprouts and let sit a couple minutes then place into a bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture. Reserve the rest placing in a small bowl.
- 6Arrange all the ingredients on a large serving platter. Or in separate bowls on a Lazy Susan.
- 7Now the fun part. Each dinner takes a romaine leaf and places a bit of each choice of filling in the leaf adding a touch of sauce. Wrap leaf over and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen in Romaine It's a Wrap!
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.7
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: