Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is Bold, Crisp, Crunchy, Creamy, Healthy, FUN, Finger FOOD!!!! Just 3 minutes of cooking and no silverware to clean! Just finger licking good. A romaine leaf topped with a creamy sauce delish refreshing ingredients. This is made vegetarian but grilled sliced steak, shrimp and or chicken would be a nice addition. This can be enjoyed as a main meal or appetizers.
Spicy Creamy Peanut Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (using hot or regular)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (using less of spicy chili condiment if you don`t like it to hot)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 5 fresh basil leaves or 5 fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
Fun Healthy Wrap ingredients
- 3 ounces ramen noodles
- 14 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 head romaine lettuce (washed and dried if need be remove firm white rib)
- 10 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large red pepper, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced thin on an angle
- 1 large celery, slice thin on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
- Spicy Creamy Peanut Sauce:.
- Place all Sauce ingredients in blender and blend till smooth, set aside.
- Wrap Ingredients:.
- In boiling water add the noodles and cook 3 minutes, mean-while rinse and drain the bean sprouts and place in a colander.
- Drain the noodles right over the bean sprouts and let sit a couple minutes then place into a bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture. Reserve the rest placing in a small bowl.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a large serving platter. Or in separate bowls on a Lazy Susan.
- Now the fun part. Each dinner takes a romaine leaf and places a bit of each choice of filling in the leaf adding a touch of sauce. Wrap leaf over and enjoy!
The sauce is wonderful - and I may even add a tad more sambal oelek next time. It's fun to put together your own wrap full of fresh and colorful ingredients. I omitted the celery. Will make again!
This was fun and tasty. Would be a nice light addition to a lunch or apps buffet.
Loved the sauce, enjoyed all the different ingredients! I used sprouted lentils in place of the bean sprouts, but otherwise followed directions. This made a great lunch! Thanks!