1/3 Photos of Ramen Hot and Sour Soup
I am a hot and sour soup SNOB, for sure! I could eat it every day, but since I live 47 miles from the closest Chinese restaurant, and I'm on a budget as far as buying ingredients...I dreamed this up, and trust me, it is yummy. Not the real thing for sure, but it satisfies my cravings. I use Maruchan Ramen in either the oriental or shrimp flavor. You can use any brand rice vinegar, seasoned or unseasoned, and for the heat, I use only Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce. (or as we call it, rooster sauce, because of the picture of the rooster on the bottle.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 cups of warm water in saucepan. Add Ramen Noodles and Mushrooms. Bring to boil.
- 2Add Rice Vinegar and Chili Sauce, cook till noodles are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Turn heat down to medium.
- 3Add the sliced meat if desired. You can use beef, pork, or uncooked small shrimp.
- 4Very slowly drizzle in the beaten egg so that it kinda forms a solid mass on top of the soup. Once the egg is kinda solid, stir the soup, incorporating the egg.
- 5Pour into bowl and sprinkle sliced onion on top.
- 6******Note, Adjust the Vinegar and the Chili Sauce according to your taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1078.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.7 g