This is like fried rice but it's done more quickly! We love this about once a week!
Make and share this Ramen Fried " Rice" recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package pork-flavored ramen noodles (or smoked ham flavor or oriental flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced roast pork (I use tofu if I include this at all, optional, optional) (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup cooked chicken (I use tofu if I include this at all, optional, optional) (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup shrimp (I use tofu if I include this at all, optional, optional) (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup tofu (I use tofu if I include this at all) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Break the noodles into about 6 pieces into a bowl, sprinkle with the contents of the seasoning packet and pour boiling water over to cover.
- Stir a bit and let soak while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Rinse peas with hot water in a colander to defrost.
- Mix together the eggs, sesame oil, and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet and add the oil.
- Add the garlic and green onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add optional meat and peas and stir fry until hot, about 1 minutes.
- Drain the noodles well, add to the skillet and stir fry for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the soy sauce until well distributed.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and continue to cook and stir, until the bits of egg are cooked.
- Serve at once.