I LOOOOVE this in the summer. One of my friend's moms gave this recipe to me about three years ago after I had it at his house. It's really great--especially if you just add the ramen RIGHT before serving it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 78.07 ml sliced almonds
- 1 head cabbage, finely chopped (I've used bagged broccoli slaw you can find in some grocery stores in place of this ingredient)
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 (170.09 g) package ramen noodles, original flavor
- 158.51 ml oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar (I've used rice wine vinegar in place of this(just adjust sugar and salt to taste)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Toast sesame seeds and almonds on a cookie sheet in oven until lightly toasted.
- 2Watch carefully, they can burn quickly.
- 3Mix cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
- 4Crush ramen noodles in the package.
- 5Open and remove broth packets.
- 6To make dressing, mix oil, water and vinegar in a jar with a tight lid.
- 7Add sugar and 1 packet of broth.
- 8Shake well.
- 9Taste, and add more sugar, as well as salt and pepper.
- 10Just before serving, add crushed noodles, almonds and sesame seeds to cabbage mixture.
- 11Pour on dressing and toss well.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Coleslaw/Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 269.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g