Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Here's to summer eating and that favorite crunchy cabbage salad with the ramen noodles! It's no wonder just about everybody loves it. This recipe was given to me by my mom. I of course tweaked the dressing and made it my own, but it is a great salad and makes alot.
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, sauteed in
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (6 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packets for dressing
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 dashes ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute slivered almonds in 1 Tbl butter, set aside.
- chop cabbage and onions - mix together. break up Top Ramen into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Make Dressing: mix together dressing ingredients plus 2 seasoning packets and pour over salad and toss!
- TIP: (You can pour this over the salad just before serving or -- I made the dressing ahead of time recently for a party out of town and put in the refrigerator overnight and went to pour it over the salad and it had become a glaze. The ingredients separated in the jar so I microwaved it for about a minute and it was the best I ever made - - I will make it like this from now on.
- TIP: This salad is better the next day, the Ramen noodles soak up the dressing and its yummy.
- ENJOY ~V.