Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's to summer eating and that favorite crunchy cabbage salad with the ramen noodles! It's no wonder just about everybody loves it. This recipe was given to me by my mom. I of course tweaked the dressing and made it my own, but it is a great salad and makes alot.
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, sauteed in
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (6 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packets for dressing
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 dashes ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Saute slivered almonds in 1 Tbl butter, set aside.
- chop cabbage and onions - mix together. break up Top Ramen into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Make Dressing: mix together dressing ingredients plus 2 seasoning packets and pour over salad and toss!
- TIP: (You can pour this over the salad just before serving or -- I made the dressing ahead of time recently for a party out of town and put in the refrigerator overnight and went to pour it over the salad and it had become a glaze. The ingredients separated in the jar so I microwaved it for about a minute and it was the best I ever made - - I will make it like this from now on.
- TIP: This salad is better the next day, the Ramen noodles soak up the dressing and its yummy.
- ENJOY ~V.
really great! eveyone loves this salad.