Recipe by Hey Jude
This soup is so quick and easy and great for busy days. When I don't have cooked chicken on hand, I pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
I was pleasantly surprised with how good this soup was. I halved the recipe, used a 10oz can of cooked chicken, and left out the almonds. My two year-old daughter and I enjoyed this for lunch, garnished with a bit of Parmesean cheese.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey, shredded or cubed
- 1⁄4 sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth, the contents of the flavor packet from the noodles, and oregano or basil to boiling.
- Break up noodles.
- Add noodles and broccoli to saucepan; return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and heat through.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with almonds and serve.